Sydney’s Northern Beaches are spoilt with natural beauty and pristine coastline. A relaxed area known locally as the ‘insular peninsula’, once someone has moved to the Northern Beaches, they rarely leave. Once you’ve spent a day here unwinding or cruising its sparkling waters, you may just want to throw your passport overboard and stay forever.
HOW SPLENDOUR CAN TAILOR THIS EXPERIENCE FOR YOU
Take a 25 minute scenic coastal flight north of the city to Pittwater where your private catamaran and captain will be awaiting. Sail through the calm and peaceful Pittwater and Broken Bay, directly to the north of Sydney harbour. Interruptions from your mobile phone will have to wait, you may not have reception.
A haven for cruising sailors, sleepy Pittwater is pretty much empty during the week, giving you the feeling that you’ve really gotten away from it all when you’re really only a stone’s throw from Sydney.
Much of its beauty is down to the area being surrounded by national park and a series of small bays. Explorer Captain Cook, whose list of credits include the European discovery of Australia, described it as ‘the finest piece of water I ever saw’. I’ll take that as gospel!
Get away from it all but still enjoy the buzz
If you’d still like to get out of the city to enjoy beautiful beaches but want to stay close to the buzz of top bars and restaurants, Manly may be more to your liking. Ranked by TripAdvisor as the top beach in NSW, bronzed sun lovers from around the world have voted, and we agree – it’s one of our favourite weekend destinations (and ranks pretty highly in terms of eye candy too).
“We were only in Sydney for 3 days so this was a perfect way to see a big chunk of the city. This tour was put together for us in less than 24 hours and it was a perfect day.”
Geoff, New York
- Early morning hotel pick up
- Scenic seaplane flight from Rose Bay to Pittwater
- Board your private catamaran mid-morning – your captain & crew will be waiting to serve you brunch
- Spend the afternoon sailing, swimming and stand up paddle boarding. Dock for a mind-blowing seafood lunch at Cottage Point Inn, the area’s most awarded restaurant
- Sail back to Palm Beach where a luxury car and chauffeur will be waiting to drive you back to your hotel via the scenic coastal drive along the Northern Beaches
- Manly was the birthplace of Australian surfing and is one of only 5 beaches classed as a world surfing reserve.
- Manly got its name from Governor Arthur Phillip, who discovered the area in 1778. After seeing the local indigenous men as his ship entered the harbour, he described them as strong and manly!
- Barrenjoey Lighthouse sits at Barrenjoey Head at Palm Beach – Positioned 91m above sea level, its Sydney’s most northern point. For something a little different, let us organise a guided walk to the top.
Splendour tailored tours are your luxury tour guide to Sydney. We offer personalised Sydney tours curated by locals for those who like to do things with style. Let us design your private guided tour of Sydney and other amazing Australian locations so you can sit back and enjoy the experience.
Photo credit: Whale Beach image courtesy of Tourism Australia.