The Blue Mountains is a rugged wonderland of mountains and valleys dotted with forests, waterfalls and rustic villages. A scenic two hour drive west of Sydney, the area is home to a wonderful mix of bohemian cafes, boutiques and antique galleries as well as some amazing fine dining venues. It’s also the location of the famous Japanese Bathhouse.
HOW SPLENDOUR CAN TAILOR THIS EXPERIENCE FOR YOU
Explore the majesty of the Blue Mountains on horseback (giddy up!) as your personal guide takes you on a quest through ancient bushland. Marvel at the dramatic landscapes and become acquainted with the imposing ‘Three Sisters’ rock formation, whose creation is the subject of local tribal legend.
Not a fan of horses? Let Splendour arrange for our trail running expert to guide you on a run through stunning countryside at the intensity level of your choice. She’s competed in two 100km trail races through the Blue Mountains, so knows the terrain well.
It’s the type of place that really makes you want to forget about your inhibitions and get back to nature (in fact it inspired early 19th century Australian artist Sir Norman Lindsay who painted a controversial series of nudes from his bohemian Mountains home).
Whether you’d like to throw caution to the wind and ride bare back, paint your own series of woodland nymphs or spend the day relaxing at the Japanese baths, we can tailor your itinerary to match your wishes and create the perfect memories for you.
mountains and valleys dotted with forests, waterfalls and rustic villages
- Take the 2 hour drive from the city in a luxury sports car or the comfort of a something a little more spacious – perhaps a Bentley Flying Spur luxury sedan
- Arrive at the Megalong Valley for morning tea and refreshments where your private horseback riding instructor will meet you
- Spend the next 2 hours riding majestically through the mountains
- Be guided on an exhilarating trail run
- Enjoy lunch made from local produce and sample wines at one of the area’s top hotels
- Spend the afternoon relaxing at the Japanese Bathhouse
Splendour tailored tours are your luxury tour guide to Sydney. We offer personalised Sydney tours curated by locals for those who like to do things with style. Let us design your private guided tour of Sydney and other amazing Australian locations so you can sit back and enjoy the experience.
Photo credit: Horseriding image – Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley Resort, courtesy of Tourism Australia