With stunning scenery, picturesque villages and over 150 vineyards, it’s no wonder that the Hunter Valley is Australia’s most visited wine region. A mere three hour drive or short air flight from Sydney, it’s one of the Splendour team’s favourite weekend getaways, and one of our most popular private tours.
HOW SPLENDOUR CAN TAILOR THIS EXPERIENCE FOR YOU
Let us take you for an exclusive look behind the cellar doors of some of the world’s best wineries and restaurants on a completely private VIP tour. Meet the wine makers behind our favourite Australian wines and have an intimate lunch at one of the most awarded restaurants in the area.
If you’re lucky, you may even get the chance to take your shoes off and feel the delightful squish of bursting grapes beneath your feet as you take part in the traditional process of ‘plunging’.
There are so many things to see and do in this delightful region, whether by car, helicopter or hot air balloon, and the boutique accommodation is second to none. Whether you’d like to spend a day, a weekend or a week exploring the area, we can tailor your itinerary to match your wishes and create the perfect experience for you.
“We spent the night and were taken by helicopter to 3 wineries on our full day there. The Piggs Peake vineyard was such a unique experience – true Aussie passion. Delicious wine from local wine makers that are so passionate about what they’ve produced. So much fun!”
Glen – Canada
- Afternoon helicopter flight to the Hunter Valley
- Five course degustation with matching local wines at one of the region’s finest restaurants
- Overnight stay in one of Splendour’s favoured luxury boutique hotels
- Hot air balloon ride across The Valley’s beautiful vineyards
- Meet one of Australia’s most talented wine makers, a bit of a mad viticulturist (we love him because of his refreshing combo or talent and quirkiness), take a tour of his impressive winery and taste the results of his exquisite labour
Splendour tailored tours are your luxury tour guide to Sydney. We offer personalised Sydney tours curated by locals for those who like to do things with style. Let us design your private guided tour of Sydney and other amazing Australian locations so you can sit back and enjoy the experience.
Photo credit: Food image courtesy of Keith Tulloch Wines.